The Sociology program at Birzeit University focuses on providing students with skills in critical analysis of theoretical and applied texts, and academic research through courses such as quantitative research methods, qualitative research methods and social statistics. This knowledge and skills qualify graduates to work in governmental and non-governmental organizations particularly, those interested in academic research and community development.
- To contribute to the development of the Palestinian society through teaching and research produced by students.
- To train students who are specialized in development, social policies and research and have the necessary qualifications and expertise to contribute to the development of the Palestinian society especially in this stage of Palestinian state-building which contains major challenges socially, politically, economically, and culturally.
- To enable students to deeply understand the differences between scientific (evidence-based) knowledge and other types of knowledge and to employ a variety of scientific methods in studying social phenomena and problems and providing social solutions.
- To help students develop critical thinking and sociological imagination and to strengthen their self-confidence and their sense of belonging to their society and to humanity at large.
Graduates of the sociology program in Palestine can work at:
- Research centers.
- Social development institutions.
- Institutions of social intervention.
- Institutions of social policies and welfare.
- Civil society organizations.
- Public relations institutions or departments.
- Central Theoretical Issues in Sociology
- Theories in Development and Social Policy
- Social Statistics
- Methods of Quantitative Research
- Political Sociology
- Urban Sociology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- First degree in Sociology or Anthropology. Holders of degrees in other fields can be admitted in special circumstances but may be required to complete remedial courses from the BA program in sociology.
International176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 176 USD per year during 24 months.
National176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 176 USD per year during 24 months.
- 125 JD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.