Goals of the Master Program in Community Psychology at Birzeit University
- To prepare graduates for the continuation of their education into the doctoral level in psychology and relevant fields.
- To contribute to Birzeit University’s involvement in local community development, well being and empowerment.
- To develop and establish a high quality research program at Birzeit University that combines theory and previous research with context specific issues in Palestine.
- To establish joint community psychology research projects involving Palestinian and international faculty members and graduate students, focusing on the Palestinian context as well as cross- cultural studies.
The Master Program in Community Psychology aspires to:
- To implement a wider range of culturally and socio-politically specific intervention measures and strategies which are needed to promote more positive lives for people, and
- To develop clinical and research skills defining health along a broad continuum of mental and physical well-being that extends beyond the simple absence of pathology or disease, but rather places a particular focus on understanding the interactive role of environmental influences on psychological well-being.
- Community Psychology
- Community Intervention Strategies
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Palestinian Society: Culture and Mental Health
- Child and Adolescent Development in War Environment
- Applied Social Psychology
- Individual and Small Group Interventions
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Cognitive Sciences View 3 other Masters in Psychology in Palestinian Territory, Occupied
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor degree (BA) in psychology, or in a closely related subject of specialization such as sociology, social work, educational counseling and public health, in addition to any specialization with a Minor in psychology.
- The Bachelor graduation grade should be “Good” (70 or over). Applicants will be invited to a personal interview with the program’s committee to evaluate their suitability for the program and for practicing community psychology after graduation.
International176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 176 USD per year during 24 months.
National176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 176 USD per year during 24 months.
- 125 JD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.