This Music Education concentration at Emporia State University is designed to help the music educator advance his or her professional goals. Since almost all of the coursework is delivered online, this program is especially suited to students who are currently employed as music teachers and wish to pursue the degree while continuing in their teaching position.
Along with a core curriculum of music theory, music history, and introductory research, students take several advanced music education courses. For the final capstone project, you will select either a traditional thesis or a research project tailored to a specific interest. Specializations include instrumental or choral concentrations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Music in the Medieval Period
- Music in the Renaissance Period
- Music in the Baroque Period
- Music in the Classical Period
- Music in the Romantic Period
- Music of the Twentieth Century
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Music Teaching View 1020 other Masters in Music in United States
- GPA: dependent on academic program
- Non-native English speakers should submit official English proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo English Test) scores. Non-native English speakers who do not submit a test score will need to take an English placement exam upon arrival to Emporia State University.
- Emporia State University offers beginner, intermediate and advanced courses for students who need to improve their communication skills.
- The duration of time to complete the Intensive English Program is based on the English Proficiency Test score as well as the student's initiative and performance in class. Students may be allowed to enroll in one or more academic courses while enrolled in the Intensive English Program depending on their placement scores.
International11697 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11697 USD per year during 12 months.
National11697 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11697 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Kansas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.