The law faculties of the University of Leuven (KU Leuven ) and the University of Zurich offer a double degree programme which is fully taught in English. The two-year master’s programme incorporates one year of study in Leuven and another in Zurich.
The Master of Law programme at KU Leuven focuses on each institution's individual strengths: International and European Law in Leuven and Arbitration Law, Financial Law and Human Rights Law in Zurich. Switzerland enjoys a world-class reputation as a centre of arbitration and banking, and many international institutions are based there in Geneva, just as they are in Brussels, some 30km from Leuven.
The Master of Law programme is a stepping stone towards an interesting legal career. As experts in European and international law, our students work in international law firms, a wide variety of public services at all levels of the government and in European and international institutions. Our graduates are also recruited by non-governmental organisations and companies in the private sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Constitutional Law of the European Union, including Discussion Sessions
- European Perspectives on Religion and Meaning
- Judicial Protection in the European Union, including Discussion Sessions
- EU Economic Law (Internal Market and Competition)
- International Business Law, including Discussion Sessions
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCivil & Private Law Public Law Legal Studies View 5 other Masters in Civil & Private Law in Belgium
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Bachelor in de rechten (Brussel, Kortrijk, Leuven)
Bachelor of Laws
- To be admitted applicants have to submit:
- - the proof of knowledge the English language. The admitted test are: Toefl with a minimum score of 600 (paper based), 250 (computer based), 100 (internet based), I.E.L.T.S. with a minimum score of 7.0 or the Cambridge Advanced English level certificate.
- - a motivation letter
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3900 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA961 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 961 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Leuven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.