Design and Technology Futures at Tallinn University of Technology is combining education and innovation into an enabling platform which at one hand collaborates with industry and government partners to search new ways out from the modern complex challenges and on the other hand, engages students with new and unique experiences out of their comfort zones in order to create innovation and new thinking. To find out what the future might be.
The challenges in the program are presented in an open format, encouraging students’ personal creative development and self-expression.
Why this programme?
- The programme offers an opportunity to acquire integrated practical and theoretical knowledge in design-driven innovation with an ability to spark, lead and perform future-oriented tech-intensive product, and service concept development;
- D&TF collaborates with industry and governmental partners to develop possible solutions to complex modern challenges;
- The teaching staff has extraordinarily rich theoretical knowledge and practical experience;
- Students have the possibility to take part in various environmental research projects.
Entrepreneurs, innovation leaders, product and service developers and managers who are able to work in a wide scope of creative integrated development teams and run design-driven innovation projects integrating together the technological possibilities provided by industry with opportunities found on the market and in the society.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Engineering for Natural Scientists
- Internet of Things for Industry
- Production Engineering - Planning and Control
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Venture Creation
- Design for Sustainability
- Problems of 20th and 21st century Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
DisciplinesDesign General Engineering & Technology View 5 other Masters in Design in Estonia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Please note that you must submit your education documents in digital form by the application deadline. In case you are unable to submit the final Diploma, you should include your most recent transcript (Diploma may be submitted later). The Admissions office needs this to pre-evaluate your eligibility for a given programme.
- Students for TalTech international study programmes are admitted based on the admission threshold. The maximum score for all examination parts is 10 points. An applicant who receives the minimum of 5 points is admitted.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in technology, design, or any other field of innovation studies. Professional experiences in those fields will be taken into consideration
- Motivation letter
- Online interview
International3300 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3300 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Tuition fee waiver scholarship
- Performance scholarship
A tuition fee waiver is a non-monetary scholarship granted automatically to the best candidates according to the points earned in the course of admission. Scholarship is awarded for the whole study period.
Students can apply for performance scholarship. The amount of the scholarship is 100 € (euros) per month. First-year students can apply from the second semester.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.