The Design and Technology Futures MSc programme offered at Tallinn University of Technology is combining education and innovation into an enabling platform which at one hand collaborates with industry and government partners to search new ways out from the modern complex challenges and on the other hand, engages students with new and unique experiences out of their comfort zones in order to create innovation and new thinking. To find out what the future might be.
The challenges in the program are presented in an open format, encouraging students’ personal creative development and self-expression.
Why this programme?
- The programme offers an opportunity to acquire integrated practical and theoretical knowledge in design-driven innovation with an ability to spark, lead and perform future-oriented tech-intensive product, and service concept development;
Exiting cooperation projects with industry, government partners or society looking for new opportunities for technology development into promising product-service systems;
Teaching staff with high theoretical and practical experience.
Entrepreneurs, innovation leaders, product and service developers and managers who are able to work in a wide scope of creative integrated development teams and run design-driven innovation projects integrating together the technological possibilities provided by industry with opportunities found on the market and in the society.
TalTech will offer tuition-free study places for programmes taught in English for countries of the OECD
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering for Natural Scientists
- Internet of Things for Industry
- Production Engineering - Planning and Control
- Estonian Language and Culture
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Venture Creation
- Design for Sustainability
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
1 May - Application deadline for citizens from OECD member states, Georgia, Ukraine, and non-EU candidates who are residing in Estonia on a legal basis.
DisciplinesDesign General Engineering & Technology User Experience Design View 4 other Masters in Design in Estonia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Tallinn University of Technology and/or in Estonia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in technology, design or innovation field. In order to qualify for the studies in Tallinn University of Technology an applicant has to have at least 60% of the highest possible CGPA.
- GRE general test
- Motivation letter
- Portfolio: The portfolio could include development sketches, engineering designs, photos of the models or finished products or other developments related to modern technology as user interfaces, apps, service design projects, marketing activities etc.
- Online interview
- Officially certified copy of Bachelor's diploma in the original language
- Officially certified copy of academic transcripts in the original language
- Authorized translation in English of Bachelor's diploma
- Authorized translation in English of academic transcripts
- Simple copy of passport identification pages
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4400 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- All Ukrainian citizens are waived from the application fee.
- Ukrainian citizens who have a Temporary Protection from Estonian Police and Border Guard Board can study for free on any of the programmes TalTech offers in English.
Living costs for Tallinn
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.