The Nursing program of Wilkes University is designed for registered nurses who are ready to take the next step in their careers. Wilkes also offers an accelerated path to a nursing degree for second-degree students in a campus, face-to-face format.
R.N. to M.S.N., Nursing M.S.N. or Post-Graduate /APRN Certificate programs in the following concentrations:
Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
Focused clinical practice prepares the Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner to provide comprehensive primary care as an advanced practice nurse to adult-gerontology patients. Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioners emphasize healthcare management, healthcare promotion, and disease prevention. Graduates of the program will earn a master’s degree and are eligible to sit for national certification examinations. The 2018 pass rate was 91.7%.
Family Nurse Practitioner
A shortage of physicians, combined with increased patient need, creates a great demand for nurse practitioners who provide primary care to families and patients of all ages. Position yourself for career growth while learning how to diagnose, treat and prevent illness with our online Family (Individual Across the Lifespan) Nurse Practitioner program. Upon successful program completion, you will be eligible to sit for national board certification. The first reporting for national board certification will be in 2020.
Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioners provide primary mental health care to patients of all ages. Focused clinical practice prepares the psychiatric/mental health nurse practitioner to provide comprehensive care in a variety of settings including hospitals, outpatient offices, clinics, and rehabilitation facilities. Nurse practitioners in the psychiatric/mental health field assess, diagnose, and treat mental illness with therapy, rehabilitation, and prescriptive drugs. Graduates of the program are eligible to sit for the ANCC examination for Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner. The 2018 pass rate was 95%.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Theoretical Foundations of Nursing Science
- Advanced Nursing Research
- Advanced Role Development in Nursing
- Health Policy and Politics for Advancing Nursing Practice
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- For students seeking a post-graduate certificate, the application deadline is April 1.
DisciplinesNursing View 260 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- A completed online application
- Official transcripts with nursing degree completion and a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale from an institution with programmatic (ACEN, NLNAC, CCNE) accreditation. Students who graduated from a non-programmatically accredited institution and meet all other admission requirements will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Associate's degree in Nursing for R.N. to M.S.N. program
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing for M.S.N. program
- Unencumbered RN license; and advanced practice registered nurse (APRN) license and national board certification, as appropriate
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- One year of clinical experience
- One year of clinical experience
International728 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 728 USD per credit during 12 months.
National728 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 728 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.