Using their own experience of everyday educational activities (e.g. teaching) students develop a critical understanding of research, scholarship, learning and policy contexts.
Teaching and learning
Teaching is module and pathway dependent. The programme is mixed mode utilising a combination of face-to-face, distance and online learning. You may choose to do distance learning alone. The MTeach pathways reflect students’ career stages and/or professional interest.
Tutorial groups share and critically analyse professional practice. This process is central to the development of a deeper understanding of theoretical perspectives, subject pedagogy and the ways young people learn. Assessment includes critical evaluation of everyday teaching via reports, portfolios, reflective journals and evidence studies.
CareersMaster of Teaching graduates progress to a range of educational careers. Some are working as teachers, while others have roles in management or as senior leaders and teacher educators. Graduates have also found positions as local authority advisers and as lecturers within universities.
EmployabilityThe Master of Teaching (MTeach) programme offered at the University College London focuses on teachers' practice and leadership, and encourages teachers to learn from and with colleagues in other schools. At a time when the recruitment and retention of excellent teachers are key issues for many schools, award-bearing professional learning acts as an incentive for both schools and teachers..
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Understanding Teaching
- Developing Understanding in English, Media, Drama Studies
- Leading Learning
- Understanding the Teaching and Learning of Chinese Mandarin in Schools
- Research and Professional Practice
- Professional Development Portfolio
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTeaching View 331 other Masters in Teaching in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a second-class Bachelor's degree from a UK university or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard is required, together with strong references from appropriate referees.
- Participants should be teaching for the duration of the programme. If already a UCL Institute of Education (IOE) PGCE, GTP or Schools Direct graduate, students need to provide a satisfactory written reference from your PGCE IOE tutor.
International6810 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6810 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA3105 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3105 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.