Benefit from hands-on experiences unparalleled at other institutions in the region in this Bioengineering program from Wilkes University. Lab and classroom instruction include training in cell and molecular techniques, bioinformatics, 3-D imaging and design software and instrumentation, and various simulation technologies.
You will use the state-of-art Mark Engineering Center which uses the latest professional technology to ensure you are prepared for your next step, whether that be an advanced career in the field, a research position or a PhD program.
What Will You Learn in the Bioengineering, MS Program?
- Advanced engineering concepts blended with biology, medicine and computer sciences innovate our students to develop new medical devices and biochemical or synthetic organisms for solving medical, industrial or environmental problems.
- If you select the biomedical engineering track, you will learn how to design artificial limbs, joints, tissues and organs as well as build diagnostic equipment, monitoring devices and drug delivery systems.
- If you select the synthetic biology track, you will learn how to create biological molecules, systems or entire organisms, which are useful for medical applications or for performing unique functions such as detecting or detoxifying biohazardous chemicals.
- Applied Engineering Analysis
- Integrated Product Development
- 3-D Modeling in Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Biofluidics and Microfluidics
- Molecular Biology
- Immunology and Immunochemistry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
National Students: Wilkes University considers applications on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Microbiology Health Sciences View 284 other Masters in Microbiology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Wilkes University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- The Wilkes program is designed for those with a bachelor's degree in engineering or biology seeking training in bioengineering and also for those seeking to strengthen credentials for medical or other professional schools. Individuals with undergraduate degrees in other science disciplines may also be considered.
- Applicants must submit an online application, official undergraduate transcripts, and 2 letters of reference from science or engineering faculty.
- International applicants must also submit a statement of financial guarantee and a WES evaluation of their undergraduate transcript.
- All applicants must submit an official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score, in addition to the previously-listed admissions requirements if the language of instruction of the applicant’s undergraduate degree was not English.
International18000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1000 USD per credit during 24 months.
National18000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1000 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Wilkes Barre
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.