As a Family Nurse Practitioner, you will be able to improve the health of individuals and their families across their life spans, especially underserved and vulnerable populations.
If public health is a passion, with this program at the University of Indianapolis you will also be ready to educate professionals, clients, and communities regarding healthcare issues. Whether working one-on-one with a patient or bettering a whole community, you can do even more as an FNP.
- Ranked in the top 20 of Learn.org's best schools at which to pursue an online nurse practitioner degree.
- Courses are hybrid format (on campus with and on line component)
- Clinical hour requirements include experiences in diverse settings, allowing you to develop skills under a variety of circumstances
- Can be completed in three years, including summer
- UIndy graduates have achieved a 100% pass rate on the AANP national FNP Certification Exam
- Program teaches you how to incorporate Christian values and ethical decision-making into clinical practice
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Clinical Human Anatomy
- Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics in Primary Care
- Applied Statistics
- Advanced Health Assessment Across the Lifespan
- Culminating Evidence Based Practice Initiative/Project
- Diagnostics & Procedures in Primary Care
- Primary Care Across the Lifespan
- Pediatric Primary Care
- Primary Care of Women Across the Lifespan
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences View 1933 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Completed online graduate nursing application.
- One recommendation letter from an individual with a minimum of a BSN that has served as your current/recent supervisor
- Current resume
- Full-time applicants (FNP/AGNP): Resume should demonstrate two years of full-time work experience as an RN before applying to the program
- Part-time applicants (FNP/AGNP): Must demonstrate two years of full-time work experience prior to starting clinical course work
- Essay addressing the applicant’s career goals related to becoming a Nurse Practitioner
- 8 documented shadowing hours with an FNP, NNP or AGNP in a primary care or urgent care setting
- A valid Indiana professional nursing license or an unencumbered RN license with eligibility for licensure in Indiana
- Official transcripts of all previous college work
- An interview with program faculty may be scheduled
International12256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 766 USD per credit during 36 months.
National12256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 766 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Indianapolis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.