At Kean, you will choose from three master's in special education programs — learning and behavioral disabilities, developmental disabilities, and applied behavioral analysis and autism spectrum disorder — as well as three post-master's certification programs. In each, you will plan, implement and assess instruction for students, considering their unique learning and behavioral needs.
What You Learn
At the Special Education - Autism and Developmental Disabilities program from Kean University, you will develop an evidenced-based approach to teaching students with disabilities through the use of empirically validated principles of learning to design, implement, and evaluate individualized teaching procedures.
- Study the science behind learning and behavior
- Design, implement and evaluate individualized teaching procedures
- Model and implement approaches both in the university and school settings
- Examine ethical considerations for students
- Develop in-depth knowledge and critical skills in the application of intervention strategies
- Engage in a systemic approach to improve the quality of life of your students
Kean's multidisciplinary special education programs rely on the latest research and best practices to provide you with the tools needed for success in the classroom, both yours and your students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Special Education
- Educational Strategies for the Exceptional Child
- Assessment in Special Education
- Technology for Students with Disabilities
- Differentiating Instruction in the Inclusive Classroom
- Transition in Special Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 4063 other Masters in Education in United States
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) from an accredited college or university
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (candidates with under a 3.0 will be considered based on the strength of the overall application)
- Official copies of ALL post-secondary transcripts (this includes transcripts that reflect transfer credit)
- Professional Resume or CV
- Personal Statement
- 2-3 Letters of Recommendation
International20714 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10357 USD per semester during 24 months.
National20714 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10357 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State15752 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7876 USD per semester during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.