This Public Administration - Health Services Administration program from Kean University prepares you to begin or advance in careers as administrators in health care organizations providing you with the knowledge, the values and the skills to work effectively and to administer programs in virtually any segment of the health-care community. Your coursework provide you with the conceptual and practical skills covering the critical elements of administration, including marketing, budgeting, strategic planning, human resources, information systems, law, leadership and ethics, and multicultural competencies.
We help you focus on the unique nature and needs of health services organizations and gain the skills and knowledge specific to and necessary for leadership in this growing and dynamic sector. The sheer diversity of health services organizations and the issues they work on means that the heath care sector requires leaders with a thorough understanding of the complex health landscape.
What You Learn
You can improve your practical skill set and theoretical background in public administration by pursuing one of the following:
- The Public Management option focuses on generalist skills with courses on budgeting, human resources and more
- The Health Care Administration option prepares graduates for management positions in health care organizations
- The Nonprofit Management option prepares graduates for administrative management positions in nonprofit organizations and other entities that regulate or fund nonprofit organizations
All three tracks provide a comprehensive MPA education that will be an asset in the job market.
- Global Foundations of Public Administration
- Economic Issues in Public Adm Economic Issues in Public Adm
- Analytical Methods in Public Management
- Research Methods and Design
- Managing Info Sys/pub Sector Managing Info Sys/pub Sector
- Financial Mgmt of Health Organ
- Human Resources
- Strategic Planning
- Leadership and Management
- Graduate Internship in Public Administration
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Administration Health Administration Health Sciences View 1924 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) from an accredited college or university
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (candidates with under a 3.0 will be considered based on the strength of the overall application)
- Official copies of ALL post-secondary transcripts (this includes transcripts that reflect transfer credit)
- Professional Resume or CV
- Personal Statement
- 2-3 Letters of Recommendation
International21334 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10667 USD per semester during 24 months.
National21334 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10667 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State16224 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8112 USD per semester during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.