Kean also offers an alternate route program for teaching English as a second language that enables candidates to be employed as ESL teachers while they are completing their training in the subject matter of ESL.
What You Learn
- By taking the Teaching English as a Second Language program from Kean University you will analyze theories, methods and materials designed to teach English language leaders in many contexts
- Develop innovative approaches for teaching content and language in multilingual settings
- Compare and contrast the process of acquiring language and reading skills in one's native language, and in a second language
- Examine languages and cultures by using ethnographic research methods
- Identify and assess the emotional and psychological needs of bilingual/bicultural students when adjusting to a different society
- World Englishes
- Phonology & Struct of Amer Eng
- Culture, Cognition & Communication For English Language Learners
- Language Acquisition and Second Language Learning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Teaching Linguistics View 753 other Masters in Linguistics in United States
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0
- New Jersey or out-of-state Standard Instructional Certificate or CEAS
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended
- GRE (Graduate Record Exam)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Professional Resume/CV
- Departmental interview may be required
- Writing sample of approximately one hour (to be completed at interview)
- TOEFL or IELTS scores
International20714 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10357 USD per semester during 24 months.
National20714 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10357 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State15752 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7876 USD per semester during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.