The Exercise Science program at Kean University provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to function as exercise physiologists, clinical exercise physiologists, exercise oncologists, exercise specialists, sports performance coaches, strength coaches, health fitness specialists and personal trainers. The program also offers professionals in the field the opportunity to enhance their abilities and advance to leadership positions. Enrolled students can select research or practical as their area of focus.
What You Learn
You receive instruction and clinical experience in nutrition, fitness and wellness, and learn strategies for motivating clients to exercise and change lifestyle behaviors that lead to improved quality of life.
- Engage in 400 hours of hands-on learning in a fitness setting or healthcare clinic
- Perform, evaluate and interpret exercise tests and develop the knowledge, strategies and skills needed to prescribe exercise programs
- Explore approaches to nutrition and weight-management counseling
- Use theory and practice to assess, design and implement supervised exercise programs for people with varied health-related needs
- Physiological Foundations of Exercise Training and Rehabilitation
- Fitness and Health Promotion
- Nutrition for Fitness, Health and Athletic Performance
- Sports and Fitness Management in Exercise Science
- Prevention and Rehabilitation for Special Needs Populations in Exercise Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Sciences Kinesiology View 275 other Masters in Kinesiology in United States
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) from an accredited college or university
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (candidates with under a 3.0 will be considered based on the strength of the overall application)
- Official copies of ALL post-secondary transcripts (this includes transcripts that reflect transfer credit)
- Professional Resume or CV
- Personal Statement
- 2-3 Letters of Recommendation
International20714 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10357 USD per semester during 24 months.
National20714 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10357 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State15752 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7876 USD per semester during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.