Students in the Teaching program offered by Coastal Carolina University must earn a baccalaureate degree, or the equivalent, in the content area of teaching specialization. Prospective students must apply to the MAT program by May 1 to enroll in the cohort that begins in the Summer I term. This 14-month full time cohort program of study includes both advanced content study at the graduate level and teaching pedagogy instruction. Senior students at Coastal Carolina University may take up to two courses during their senior year (EDSC 410 and EDSC 415) that can apply toward M.A.T. program requirements.
- Foundations in Literacy
- Foundations of Secondary Education
- Assessment and Action Research
- Teaching in Diverse Classroom Settings
- Addressing Literacy in the Content Area
- Principles and Methods of Teaching Social Studies
- Principles and Methods of Teaching Mathematics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTeaching View 1085 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Completion of Graduate Admission Application;
- Official transcript from each school or college previously attended (all prior undergraduate academic study must be represented as well as other graduate study if such study has been completed);
- Completion of 30 credit hours of specific content area coursework;
- One reference letter.
International1102 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1102 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1102 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1102 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State598 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 598 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.