What is the purpose of this study programme?
To educate students who are able to apply the gained innovative road and bridge engineering science and practical knowledge for formulation, verification and independent making of effective engineering solutions, based on systematic, critical and constructive thinking/consideration and scientific argumentation, and having mastered scientific provisions of quantitative and qualitative cognition and interaction, and dependence of the provisions in question on different conditions. Moreover, the graduates are expected to be able to integrate and in a complex manner to employ road system management theories, innovative road and bridge design an technology engineering knowledge, which encompass the progress in construction, economics and other sciences and technologies.
What will students learn?
- To apply the potential of modern road and bridge information systems and the basic trends of their development in engineering, by application of theoretical knowledge, identification of risk and safety factors in bridge and road engineering.
- Planning, design, creation, modelling and development methodologies and principal theoretical ways of solution for different purpose roads and transport system networks.
- Latest bridge and road engineering ideology, state of the art scientific achievements and developed methodologies and technologies for individual application of scientific and engineering ideas.
- To identify and critically appraise theoretical and practical novelties in road and bridge design, construction, maintenance and upgrading as well as traffic safety and to apply them in scientific and practical activities.
- To perceive possible ethic, technical, economic, social consequences of the taken own solutions and the related responsibility, management of risk and safety conditions by establishing durability of road and bridge structures, and to justify the conclusions of own researches and reasoning in a substantiated way, to communicate them verbally and in writing in an understandable manner to different area and interest and different reduction background stakeholders.
Graduates of the Innovative Road and Bridge Engineering (Joint Degree With Rtu) programme at Vilnius Gediminas Technical University may take leading positions at the state or municipal road sector management or maintenance entities or institutions, road and bridge research, maintenance, technical supervision, design or construction companies and organizations, can take post-graduate studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include
- Innovative Pavement Structure Design (with course project)
- Nonlinear Analysis of Reinforced Concrete Bridges
- Innovative Scientific Solutions
- Traffic Safety Management
- Systematic Analysis of Roads
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Materials Science & Engineering Transportation Engineering View 4 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in Lithuania
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent (official transcripts required) with grades (minimum 60% CGPA). Please check country specific requirements for detailed information.
- Two academic references.
- Acceptance by the Dean’s Office of the chosen faculty.
- To this programme applicants are accepted from the fields of: Civil Engineering, Building Engineering, Road Engineering
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 18 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Vilnius
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.