The Curriculum and Instruction, Early Childhood Concentration, M.Ed. program at the Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania will provide you with experience in diverse educational settings. It is perfect for you to expand your teaching skills, participate in assessment and policy work and learn about child development. This program has also been awarded national recognition by the National Association for the Education of Young Children, the premier professional organization for early childhood education.
What Will I Learn?
Working with young children and their families is a point of emphasis. You will apply classroom knowledge of child development, families and best teaching practices to a variety of educational settings including public school kindergarten and primary programs, preschool programs, Head Start, child care, parenting and family support programs.
When you have finished the Early Childhood Education program, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of theory and practice for planning and implementing programs for individual and groups of children
- Apply and analyze the core knowledge and to systematically develop appropriate curriculum for individual and groups of children
- Demonstrate capability to refine the core knowledge and evaluate and apply research to improve practice
- Develop and conduct assessments of individual children and groups
- Demonstrate understanding of family strengths and areas for support as they form authentic partnerships with families
- Reflect on practices that result in improved programming for young children and families
- Use strategies for effectively advocating for policies designed to improve conditions for children, families, and the profession
- Contribute to continuing professional development in the field of early childhood education
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Child Development
- Diversity and Inclusion in Early Childhood Education
- Social and Emotional Development in Early Childhood
- Cognitive and Language Development in Early Childhood Education
- Families and Early Childhood Education
- Action Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 516 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United States
- Have a degree in education from a regionally accredited college or university and provide official transcripts of all undergraduate/graduate work.
- Have an undergraduate overall GPA of 2.75 or an approved score on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT).
- Complete a questionnaire referencing teaching background and future goals through the “Program Statement/Questionnaire” link in your Ship Admission portal.
- Submit three references in the recommendations tab through your Ship Admission Portal. An automated email will be sent for their recommendation.
International13932 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 774 USD per credit during 24 months.
National13932 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 774 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State9288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 516 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Shippensburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.