Professionals in this field design, fabricate, and fit orthoses and prostheses for a broad range of clients from pediatric to geriatric.
Practitioners interact directly with clients and their families, advising and supporting the rehabilitation process. They work closely with other members of the rehabilitation team, including orthopedic surgeons, rehabilitation physicians, physical therapists, occupational therapists, and nurses.
Admission into the Master of Science in Prosthetics and Orthotics (MSPO) program at University of Hartford is offered to those who hold a bachelor's degree, have completed the prerequisite courses, and otherwise qualify for admission.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, the students/graduates will:
- practice in a safe manner.
- demonstrate professional behavior.
- practice in a manner consistent with established legal and professional standards and ethical guidelines.
- be prepared to enter financial management (purchasing, billing and reimbursement, time, space, equipment, marketing, public relationships) consistent with regulatory, legal, and facility guidelines.
- Gross Anatomy
- Gross Anatomy Laboratory
- Kinesiology Laboratory
- Clinical Foundations
- Lower-Limb Orthotics
- Transtibial Prosthetics
- Biomechanics Laboratory
- Orthopedic Pathology
- Material Methods in Prosthetics and Orthotics
- Scientific Inquiry
- Spinal Orthotics
- Transfemoral Prosthetics
- Professional Issues
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 1833 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Post-baccalaureate students may apply to the MSPO program. An overall GPA of 3.2 is preferred.
- Students must have earned at least a "C" or 2.0 grade in each of the prerequisite courses. While GRE test scores are not required, they may be submitted to strengthen the application.
- The Admission Committee will consider all application materials. Candidates will be accepted on a competitive basis.
International19500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 650 USD per credit during 24 months.
National19500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 650 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for West Hartford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.