It will develop their understanding of key issues in educational neuroscience and the application of neuroscience to education, and provide the opportunity for them to undertake research in educational neuroscience.
This Educational Neuroscience MA/MSc programme offered at the University College London (UCL) will develop students' understanding of research processes and give them the opportunity to be taught by staff with a wide range of expertise in psychology of education and developmental cognitive neuroscience.
Students will also benefit from strong links with psychological expertise in other colleges of the University of London, especially Birkbeck, with whom this is a joint award.
Graduates of this programme are currently working across a broad range of areas. Some are working as research assistants, while others have jobs as teachers. Graduates can also be found continuing their studies as PhD students.
- Advanced Quantitative Methods
- Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience
- Genetics of Development
- Neuroimaging Methods
- Issues in Educational Neuroscience
- Students choose two of the following optional modules offered by the IOE.
- Autism: Research and Practice
- Cognitive Development and Learning
- Language Development
- Personality and Social Psychology in Education
- Reading and Spelling Difficulties
- Social Development
- Social, Emotional and Behavioural Development
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Please note that online application will open in September.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Neuroscience View 157 other Masters in Neuroscience in United Kingdom
- A good degree (an upper second-class UK Bachelor’s degree or above) in psychology, social science, cognitive science, speech/communication science, neuroscience or related disciplines.
- Applicants with a good undergraduate or postgraduate degree in education but no previous background in psychology or science will be required to complete the Certificate of Higher Education in Psychology (which covers psychology, neuroscience, and research methods) before applying for the MSc/MA Educational Neuroscience.
- Ideally students should have a background in both cognitive neuroscience and education. Relevant practical and professional experience may also be considered on a case-by-case basis.
International17490 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17490 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10740 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10740 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.