The purpose of this Biomedical Laboratory Management degree at The City University of New York is to provide a career ladder for laboratory staff.
The required 30 credits are divided between Hunter College, offering science and biomedicine classes, and the School of Professional Studies, CUNY, offering business and management classes. The MS degree will be granted by Hunter College following transfer of courses making up the Advanced Certificate in Management from SPS/CUNY.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Concepts of Disease: Diagnostic Strategies
- Emerging Laboratory Technologies
- Topics: Biohazards and Emergency Response
- Management Practicum
- Risk Management for the Biomedical Laboratory
- Principles of Epidemiology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Health Administration Risk Management View 1027 other Masters in Health Administration in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The City University of New York and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
A bachelor’s degree in clinical lab science, biology, chemistry or a related discipline from a regionally accredited institution comparable in standard and content to a bachelor’s degree from Hunter College.
- • Minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.0
- • A course (or equivalent experience) in Molecular Biology (pre- or co-requisite)
- • A minimum of one year of bench experience in a biomedical laboratory
- • Two letters of recommendation from appropriate academic or professional references.
- • A statement of purpose of approximately 500 words, including a bit about the path that brought you to this degree, and your motivation to pursue opportunities for a position in laboratory management.
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 12 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11090 USD per year during 12 months.
- Resident: $470 per credit
- Non-resident: $855 per credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.