Graduates in Architecture for Sustainable Design programme at Politecnico di Torino also acquire a cultural education that allows them to approach, with awareness and competence, the aesthetic, distributive, functional, structural, constructional, managerial, economic, social and environmental issues, always relating them to sustainability.
Indeed new needs are now unfolding in the relationship between architecture and society regarding where and how we live. A key aspect of this change, in every field of design, is the emergence of issues related to project sustainability , in all its conceptions. Sustainability is, therefore, not only environmental, but also cultural, technological, economic, energetic, social and territorial.
The programme aims to provide all the cognitive tools necessary for an architect who will be in a position to manage entire design/planning processes with a focus on sustainability, interacting with other professionals involved and coordinating input.
It is divided into five multidisciplinary design ateliers, elective courses, internship activities and final thesis, focusing on integrating the various disciplines that make up the plan of studies. The multidisciplinary ateliers, through projects on appropriately defined issues, integrate different disciplines and expertise with a focus on project sustainability.
The MSc degree course in Sustainable Architecture responds to an increasing demand both at professional and research levels, nationally and Europe-wide, for professionals who can manage the complexity of the design/planning process in various fields and at different scales, with a focus on sustainability, in building and modification of the physical environment and landscape. Students acquire a cultural formation that enables them to address the aesthetic, distributive, functional, structural, technical-constructive, managerial, economic, social and environmental aspects of planning and design, with a constant view to sustainability.
The relationship between architecture and society today is characterised by evolving needs linked to the human population¿s changing lifestyles. A fundamental aspect of this evolution is the emergence, in every field of design, of a need for sustainability in all the dimensions that the concept evokes. Sustainability is therefore not only environmental, but must also encompass local culture, technology, economics, energy, and social and territorial cohesion.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Atelier: the architectural sustainable design
- Digital history
- Structural design
- New technologies for survey and drawing
- Urban planning
- Urban sociology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 1st Call: February 12th
- 2nd Call: May 4th
- 3rd call: June 19th
DisciplinesDesign Sustainable Development Landscape Architecture View 54 other Masters in Design in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
In order to be eligible to apply, you need to:
- hold a Bachelor degree awarded by an accredited foreign university obtained after at least 15 years of previous education(primary and secondary plus university).In case you are enrolled in a “single cycle” Laurea magistrale course (5 or 6 years degree program) and you have not yet graduated, you must have completed at least 15 years of previous education (minimum 3 years at University level) having obtained at least 180 ECTS credits or equivalent.
- meet curricular and quality requirements of the MS program you want to apply for.
The new model adopted by Politecnico consists in:
- For non-EU students living outside Italy and not belonging to a LDC, the amount of the tuition fee is calculated considering their country of origin and whether they apply or not for tuition fee reduction according to their income/properties and family members (ISEE Parificato).
- For EU students living outside Italy, the amount of the tuition fee depends on whether they submit or not the tuition fee reduction application according to their income/properties and family members (ISEE Parificato).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.