The activities in the first semester are designed to give students a solid background in areas closely related to the formulation of local planning policies: regulatory issues associated with planning activities, urban and regional geography, sociology of the environment, history of territorial heritage.In the second semester students will simulate a process for drawing up a plan at the local level, in addition to completing their knowledge in subject areas closely related to the formulation of planning tools, such as transport planning, and gaining a solid understanding of the role of the European Union in urban and territorial policies.
The Territorial, Urban, Environmental and Landscape Planning programme at Politecnico di Torino forms a " planner " with skills which allow him to assume a role of coordinating project teams engaged in territorial and urban planning, landscape planning activities and development of strategies, policies and projects of urban and territorial transformations.
This planner is able to cooperate with experts in diverse disciplines to address the issues of planning at different scales, with a particular attention to the centrality of the current environmental or sustainability issues - eg. energy question - and issues related to landscape.
He/she is able to develop strategies, policies and projects of urban and territorial transformations that have at its center a proper use of local resources and to involve concerned stakeholders (institutional, economic, social ), with the ability to interact with non-experts people too, stimulating their participation .
This Master Programme has been awarded the AESOP Certificate of Excellence (ASSOCIATION OF EUROPEAN SCHOOLS OF PLANNING - http://www.aesop-planning.eu/).
Moreover, it collaborates and exchange students with over 20 top international universities
The UN New Urban Agenda has recently addressed the contemporary social, economic and environmental transformations that are challenging our world. This Master of Science provides training for spatial planners, able to solve complex problems related to the present and the future of cities and territories.
The programme offers a combination of teaching units, to provide knowledge and analytical skills in several disciplines, and multidisciplinary cross-curricular studios that focus around case studies, with the aim of learning by doing to formulate and assess the implementation of spatial policies, strategies, programmes, plans, and projects.
The programme offers two curricula:
- Urban and Regional Planning (in Italian)
- Planning for the Global Urban Agenda (in English)
The planners we train works in public administrations, planning and design offices, private companies, consulting firms and NGOs.
- Urban/Regional planners designing spatial plans at various scales
- Expert in environmental and landscape planning conservation
- Urban managers developing territorial strategies policies
- Planner and spatial analysts, able to design and manage Geographic Information Systems
The profiles of all lecturers and the presentations of all courses are available in the YEARBOOK 2019/2020, that has recently been published (Available here: https://didattica.polito.it/laurea_magistrale/pianificazione/en/yearbook)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesLandscape Architecture Environmental Sciences Urban Planning View 7 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- hold a Bachelor degree awarded by an accredited foreign university obtained after at least 15 years of previous education(primary and secondary plus university).In case you are enrolled in a “single cycle” Laurea magistrale course (5 or 6 years degree program) and you have not yet graduated, you must have completed at least 15 years of previous education (minimum 3 years at University level) having obtained at least 180 ECTS credits or equivalent.
- meet curricular and quality requirements of the MS program you want to apply for.
International2601 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2601 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Turin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.