The activities in the first semester are designed to give students a solid background in areas closely related to the formulation of local planning policies: regulatory issues associated with planning activities, urban and regional geography, sociology of the environment, history of territorial heritage.
Students must also understand aspects of network and single-point infrastructures concerning energetic, acoustic and environmental issues, and how to integrate these infrastructures into the urban fabric.In the second semester students will simulate a process for drawing up a plan at the local level, in addition to completing their knowledge in subject areas closely related to the formulation of planning tools, such as transport planning, and gaining a solid understanding of the role of the European Union in urban and territorial policies.
The Territorial, Urban, Environmental and Landscape Planning programme at Politecnico di Torino forms a " planner " with skills which allow him to assume a role of coordinating project teams engaged in territorial and urban planning, landscape planning activities and development of strategies, policies and projects of urban and territorial transformations.
This planner is able to cooperate with experts in diverse disciplines to address the issues of planning at different scales, with a particular attention to the centrality of the current environmental or sustainability issues - eg. energy question - and issues related to landscape.
He/she is able to develop strategies, policies and projects of urban and territorial transformations that have at its center a proper use of local resources and to involve concerned stakeholders (institutional, economic, social ), with the ability to interact with non-experts people too, stimulating their participation .
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Energy Consumption and Environmental Sustainability
- History and criticism of cultural heritage
- Territorial Governance in Europe
- Territorial and Strategic Planning
- Transport Planning
- Landscape and Territorial Planning Studio (Studio)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- 1st Call: February 12th
- 2nd Call: May 4th
- 3rd call: June 19th
DisciplinesLandscape Architecture Environmental Sciences Urban Planning View 14 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- hold a Bachelor degree awarded by an accredited foreign university obtained after at least 15 years of previous education(primary and secondary plus university).In case you are enrolled in a “single cycle” Laurea magistrale course (5 or 6 years degree program) and you have not yet graduated, you must have completed at least 15 years of previous education (minimum 3 years at University level) having obtained at least 180 ECTS credits or equivalent.
- meet curricular and quality requirements of the MS program you want to apply for.
The new model adopted by Politecnico consists in:
- For non-EU students living outside Italy and not belonging to a LDC, the amount of the tuition fee is calculated considering their country of origin and whether they apply or not for tuition fee reduction according to their income/properties and family members (ISEE Parificato).
- For EU students living outside Italy, the amount of the tuition fee depends on whether they submit or not the tuition fee reduction application according to their income/properties and family members (ISEE Parificato).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.