Graduates from the Liberal Studies master's program from Fort Hays State University take their learned skills with them to adapt and evaluate intellectual work in news ways – in any discipline.
The effective and intelligent online and on campus programs are designed to benefit the working professional with our 31-credit MLS degree, which allows you to balance work and life commitments while fostering your love of learning. At Fort Hays State, we want to transform your thinking – with a master of liberal studies degree, you’ll have an advanced understanding of strategy and solutions that you can then utilize for your intellectual, social and professional growth.
Online and On Campus ConcentrationsChoose innovative concentrations in emerging multi-disciplinary interest areas such as global studies, corporate communications, literary arts, political leadership, public administration, and health sciences. Concentrations to meet emerging workforce development needs are being developed each year in order to maintain relevancy in an evolving field.
- Ways of Knowing in Comparative Perspective
- Origins and Implications of the Knowledge Society
- Information Literacy
- Readings in Liberal Studies
- Projects in Liberal Studies
- Seminar in Liberal Studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Management Studies Liberal Arts View 1885 other Masters in Management Studies in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Fort Hays State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Submit an Application for Graduate Admission at the appropriate website.
- Pay the $40 domestic application fee or $50 international application fee.
- Provide the Graduate School with an official bachelor's degree transcript and master's degree transcript (if applicable) from a regionally accredited institution.
- For institutions outside the United States and Canada, a World Education Service (WES) International Course-by-Course Transcript Evaluation is required for translation.
- 2 letters of recommendation and a personal statement including background and why applying to MLS. Some programs or concentrations have additional/personalized requirements, questions, or application materials.
- International students must provide evidence of their ability to speak English.
International19592 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 632 USD per credit during 12 months.
National19592 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 632 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State7750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 250 USD per credit during 12 months.
Graduate On-Campus (contiguous state): $353.16/credit
Living costs for Hays
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.