The Romance Languages MA at The City University of New York may be taken either as a final degree or as preparation for doctoral work. It is accepted in lieu of the first year of study in the PhD program at the City University. See the Bulletin of the Graduate Center for a description of the PhD programs.
More informationVisit official programme website
- A total of 30 credits from the Literature of Specialization including a Thesis Seminar (3cr) for those students electing to write a master’s essay.
- In addition to a high degree of competence in the language of specialization, candidates must demonstrate a reading knowledge of a second Romance language, German, or Latin.
- Candidates must pass a written examination on the field of study, in the language of specialization.
- The master’s essay is optional. Topic is determined in consultation with the principal adviser. Thesis Seminar, to be taken concurrently with preparation of the essay, is completed when the essay is approved be the principal adviser and another faculty member.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesLanguages View 719 other Masters in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission to graduate study is contingent upon admission requirements of Hunter College and upon approval by a departmental committee.
- Where general scholarship is superior, but the applicant did not major in the field, or preparation in that field is deemed to be insufficient, an examination and/or enrollment in specified undergraduate courses will be required.
- Before matriculation, applicants must demonstrate proficiency in the language of specialization.
International855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
- Local students: $5,545 / semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.