This masters program in Art Design from Fort Hays State University includes studio concentrations such as: drawing, painting, sculpture, graphic design, photography, printmaking, ceramics and intermedia. Online or low residency options are available in some areas and are subject to decisions by the major professor.
MFA progress Review
Admission to the MFA degree program does not guarantee graduation or that the student will be awarded a degree. He/she may be dropped from the registration or held in attendance beyond the customary three years if his/her progress does not measure up to the standards of the Department of Art and Design. Incompletes are not viewed as satisfactory progress. Courses must be completed before enrollments are allowed in subsequent program courses.There will be a minimum of two reviews conducted by the candidate's graduate committee to determine graduate progress: Preliminary Oral Examination, and the Final Oral Examination.
- Digital Media
- Motion Design
- Professional Development In Studio Art
- Problems: Printmaking
- Glaze Calculations
- Art Careers
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Art History View 865 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- The applicant must have a Bachelor's degree, preferred with a major in Art from an accredited institution and have completed a minimum of 36 semester credit hours in art on the undergraduate level.
- Provide an official undergraduate transcript and an application of admission to the Graduate School.
- Three letters of recommendation from people who are, or have been associated with the applicant as an artist (e.g. instructors, colleagues, etc.).
- A statement of purpose concerning motivation in seeking the degree. The student must indicate what his/her concentrations will be.
- 20 images of his/her work. Each image must be properly identified with the artist's name, title, medium, date and size of work. Include an image identification sheet, numbered to correspond with the images. There will be no waivers of image portfolios.
- Resume including exhibition record and professional employment.
International18960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 632 USD per credit during 24 months.
National18960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 632 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State7500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 250 USD per credit during 24 months.
Graduate On-Campus (contiguous state): $353.16/credit
Living costs for Hays
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.