We do that through faith-based academic coursework and clinical placements designed to help you reach your career goals, while emphasizing life-long learning, and high moral and ethical competencies. When you graduate, you will be prepared to impact the lives of many people in truly meaningful ways.
The Speech Language Pathology program at Samford University is distinct. You will have off-campus placements throughout your time in the program, as well as some on-campus clinical lab experiences with other professionals. More and more, health care is delivered by teams of professionals from the various specialties. We’ve structured our program around this type of inter-disciplinary collaboration so that your experience is broadened to include other professionals that you may work with during your career.
Clinical Practicum Experiences
Students participate in a variety of experiences that help prepare them for careers in speech language pathology. The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders maintains relationships with numerous clinical agencies in the Birmingham area as well as within the southeastern portion of the United States.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Beginning Clinical Practicum
- Research Methods in Speech Language Pathology
- Language Disorders III: School Age
- Medical Aspects of Speech Language Pathology
- Voice & Resonance Disorders Across the Lifespan
- Counseling Strategies in Speech Language Pathology
- Neuroscience for Speech Language Pathologists
- Practical Application of Speech Science
- Evaluation and Treatment of Aphasia in Adults
- Motor Speech Disorders
- Cognitive-Communicative Disorders in Adults
- Professional Trends in Speech Language Pathology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Languages Linguistics View 727 other Masters in Linguistics in United States
To be considered for the Master of Science in Speech Language Pathology program, you’ll need to meet the following criteria:
- Undergraduate degree in CSD/SLP OR related area (education, health sciences, psychology, family sciences, etc.)
- Pre-requisite undergraduate courses (ASHA CCC eligibility requirement):
- Biological science (4 credit hours)
- Physical science (must be chemistry or physics) (4 credit hours)
- Statistics (math, psychology, health sciences) (3 credit hours)
- Social/Behavioral Science (sociology, psychology, anthropology) (3 credit hours)
International49134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 862 USD per credit during 12 months.
National49134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 862 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Homewood
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.