Successful Investment managers and industry leaders were directly involved in the development of the program and in the meticulous shaping of the topics taught. Students will find the resulting unique and innovative program invaluable in accelerating their Investment Management careers.
University of Houston Downtown's MBA in Investment Management is appropriate for individuals pursuing careers in a variety of fields including investment banking, asset management and wealth management because it focuses on developing relevant skills related to the financial services sector.
To obtain an MBA degree with an Investment Management specialization, students are required to take 10 separate core courses in addition to the student's chosen concentration courses.
The Skills and Topics Covered in MBA Investment Management Courses:
- Knowledge of the capital markets, institutions, financial products, and analytical tools and skills needed for investment portfolio management
- Intensive study of the CFA® Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct
- Model historical information and human factors in business forecasting techniques
- Acquire knowledge of capital markets, institutions, financial products, and analytical tools and skills needed for investments portfolio management
- Skills to communicate financial knowledge in both oral and written formats
- Utilization of extremely large data sets for the prediction of forecasts
- Recognize and avoid unprofessional practices and unethical behavior
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ethical and Professional Standards
- Business Development and Communication for Financial Professionals
- Industry Trend Analysis and Behavioral Finance
- Capital Marketing and Investment Planning
- Investment Management Statistics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMaster in Business Administration (MBA) View 1473 other Masters in Master in Business Administration (MBA) in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Apply for admissions using the Apply Texas Application online.
- Submit official transcripts from all institutions previously attended including the institution where your bachelor’s degree or equivalent was awarded.
- Additional supporting documents are required for each specific program; please visit the program website for program requirements and other information.
- Submit your $80 admissions application fee.
International9102 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4551 USD per semester during 12 months.
National9102 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4551 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State4794 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2397 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.