This program is not appropriate for teachers who are already licensed to teach in K-12 schools.
As a Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) student at Lake Forest College, you will:
- Learn in small collaborative cohorts together with fellow students who are completing majors in various fields. This is a unique interdisciplinary approach to teacher preparation;
- Be guided by learned faculty and cooperating education professionals who provide individualized advising, mentorship, and assessment;
- Work with student populations spanning the American racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic spectrum;
- Get more than two full-semester classroom clinical internships/practicums in school settings where you can hone teaching skills and be mentored by a team of professors and educators.
Observing the Schooling Process
Instructional Communication: Theory and Practice
Foundations of Education
Reading in the Elementary School
Elementary Fieldwork and Seminar
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 246 other Masters in Pedagogy in United States
- A non-refundable MAT application fee of $50 (for review of transcript and additional materials)
- Official college transcript that shows Bachelors’ degree from accredited institution*
- Official college transcripts from each institution attended
- Documentation of passing score in ISBE Content Area Test or scheduled test date
- One letter of recommendation from an employer or a professor at your prior institution (in desired certification area for secondary education candidates or content area major for elementary education candidate) for academic and character reference
- Statement of academic and professional goals (1-2 pages)
International3724 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3724 USD per module during 12 months.
National3724 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3724 USD per module during 12 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.