At this Risk and Disaster Science - Management Pathway offered by the University College London you will learn from world-class researchers and professionals delivering the programme through a combination of lectures, class discussions, problem-solving exercises, practicals, field trips, directed reading, student-led dialogue, and a practitioner-led real-time disaster scenario event.
Our alumni are highly sought-after in the following sectors: insurance, catastrophe modelling , risk management, public policy, humanitarian development, NGOs, business continuity, government, emergency services, consultancy, and academia.
Some career destinations of recent IRDR graduates:
- Business Continuity & Resilience Consultant, PwC
- Business Continuity Consultant, ARUP
- Underwriting Assistant, MS Amlin
- Catastrophe Analyst, Barbican Insurance Group
- Reinsurance Claims Management Executive AXA Global Re, Paris
- Analyst, RMS (Risk Management Solutions)
- Disaster Risk Management Consultant, World Bank
- Project Officer, Global Risk Forum, Davos
- Risk & Business Continuity Officer, County Fire & Rescue
- Emergency Planning and Business Continuity Officer, UK Local Government
PhD student, NERC London Doctoral School
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Integrating Science into Risk and Disaster Reduction
- Emergency and Crisis Management
- Risk Analysis for Disaster Science
- Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Practice and Appraisal of Research
- Catastrophe Risk Modelling
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Risk Management Emergency & Disaster Management View 1605 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Normally a minimum of an upper second-class UK Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard.
- Relevant discipline is any science, mathematical or engineering subject.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24980 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24980 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA11830 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11830 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK/EU: £5,975 (Part Time)
- Overseas: £12,470 (Part Time)
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.