The mission of the Orlean Bullard Beeson School of Education is to guide, develop and challenge students academically, professionally, personally and spiritually to prepare leaders who will positively influence and shape society. The school of education strives to provide the highest quality Christian education led by a dedicated faculty and staff committed to student success.
The school of education is divided into four dynamic departments— Teacher Education, Human Development and Family Life Education, Curriculum and Instruction and Educational Leadership.
Objectives and Curriculum
This K-12 Collaborative Special Education program at Samford University is designed for students who have earned a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university but desire to earn certification in order to teach special education for grades K-12. Students will earn a master’s degree, Class A and Class B teaching certification in just 18 months. Additionally, they will have the opportunity for extensive field experience, practical content application and meaningful research.
Graduates of the K-12 collaborative special education program will master the following concepts:
- Accommodations and modifications for all student needs
- Assessment procedures and processes in special education
- Effective instructional strategies for working with low and high incidence disabilities
- Research-based methods of instruction in the K-12 special education classroom
- Managing challenging behavior using the functional behavioral assessment
- How to write individualized education plans
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Instructional Adaptation for Student Diversity
- Low Incidence Disabilities (K-12)
- Assessment Procedures & Processes in Special Education
- Managing Challenging Behavior in the Classroom: A Functional Behavioral Approach
- High Incidence Disabilities (K-12)
- Research-Based Methods of Instruction in the K-12 Special Education Classroom Practicum in Collaborative Special Education (K-12)
- Curriculum Integration of Technology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 656 other Masters in Special Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Possess a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution and have graduated with a minimum GPA of 2.75.
- Online application for admission. Please be sure to list your personal e-mail address on the application.
- $35 Application Fee. This non-refundable fee is payable by credit card and is waived for Samford alumni, and current Samford students, faculty or staff.
- Official Transcript(s) from all higher education institutions attended
- Passing scores on Praxis Core tests: 5722 Writing, 5712 Reading and 5732 Math.
- Statement of purpose.
- Background clearance letter.
- Dispositions form filled out by current supervisor.
- Interview with program director
International862 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 862 USD per credit during 12 months.
National862 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 862 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Homewood
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.