A M.S.E. degree in Instructional Leadership from Samford University is available for candidates who hold a bachelor of science degree from a regionally accredited institution, hold a Class B certification in education and have completed three years successful teaching experience. Instructional Leadership certification provides the candidate with the required credentials to be considered for leadership positions in K–12 schools/systems in Alabama.
Graduates of the Master’s in Instructional Leadership program will have an understanding of the following concepts:
- Issues in school finance: in-depth study of taxation, state school finance systems, impact of school finance litigation, budgeting processes and current/emerging issues in school finance.
- Management design for school improvement: create a learning environment conducive to school success through the equitable utilization of resources.
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Education: learn how local, state and federal laws have played a role in establishing school policies and practices.
- Teaching in the diverse classroom: look at the factors that make students diverse and learn to teach to their learning styles.
The curriculum requirement for the program is 30 credit hours. Students must have a 3.25 or higher cumulative GPA at Orlean Beeson School of Education to graduate.
Is This Program for Me?
This program is designed for K-12 professionals with a passion for education and an unwavering belief in the importance of leadership development. If you have a desire to serve the education system in an administrative role, join this program and be pushed to your greatest potential.
- Educational Administrator
- Assistant Principal
- Assistant Superintendent
- Deputy Superintendent
- Foundations of Instructional Leadership
- Issues in School Finance
- Management Design for School Improvement
- Leading K-12 Special Population Programs
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Education
- Curriculum Design for P-12 Instructional Leaders
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 3386 other Masters in Education in United States
- Possess a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution and a Class B teaching certificate.
- Score of at least 295 on the GRE or a score of at least a 396 on the MAT. Waived if applicant has already completed a graduate degree from an accredited university.
- Online application for admission
- Official GRE or MAT Scores
- Official Transcript(s) from all higher education institutions attended
- Two letters of recommendation
- Dispositions form filled out by current supervisor.
- Writing Sample: highlight one problem facing education today
- Interview with program director
- Most recent performance appraisal
- Evidence of ability to improve student achievement
- Evidence of leadership and management potential
- Statement of purpose
- Summary of program expectations
- Have obtained three or more years of teaching experience.
International18480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 924 USD per credit during 18 months.
National18480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 924 USD per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for Homewood
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.