Risk and disaster reduction, particularly within the contexts of dealing with uncertainty and increasing resilience, are high on local, national and international agendas.
About this degree
Students develop the ability to assess risk and disaster potential and appreciate and propose risk and disaster management and mitigation strategies. They gain the knowledge and skills required to make more effective decisions based on the creative and critical analysis of a broad spectrum of information.
This Risk and Disaster Reduction programme offered at the University College London (UCL) provides excellent training towards careers in research, research communication, public policy, (re)insurance, catastrophe modelling, finance, risk management, international development, humanitarian assistance, engineering, and many other fields.
It supports the career development of professionals already working in risk and disaster reduction, as well as those who intend to go into this field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Natural and Anthropogenic Hazards and Vulnerability
- Fundamentals of Emergency and Crisis Planning and Management
- Advanced Emergency and Crisis Planning and Management
- Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Practice and Appraisal of Research
- Conflict, Humanitarianism, and Disaster Risk Reduction
- Catastrophe Risk Modelling
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesRisk Management Emergency & Disaster Management Environmental Sciences View 159 other Masters in Risk Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Normally a minimum of a lower second-class UK Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline or an overseas qualification of an equivalent standard is required. Applicants with a different degree, or with no degree but with relevant professional experience, will be considered. Relevant discipline is any science including social sciences, or any humanities subject.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9800 GBP per year during 12 months.
National5500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.