Your optional modules may cover topics including:
- Survey measurement and research methods
- The economy and the state
- Democracies in Europe
- Theories of justice
- Conflict resolution
All Essex politics graduates have the distinction of a qualification from one of the world’s leading politics departments.
The graduates from the Political Science course offered by the University of Essex can expect to find jobs in market research, the media and central or local government. It also provides a foundation for further research in political science. You will gain key employability skills such as analytical reasoning, research design, and report writing.
Recent graduates have gone on to work for the following high-profile organisations:
- The Civil Service
- Local government
- The World Bank
- The United Nations
- YouGov and YouGov America
We also offer supervision for PhD and MPhil in the following fields: government; ideology and discourse analysis; international relations; political behaviour; and politics.
Our academic reputation is illustrated by the fact that many of our graduates now teach or research at universities, colleges of higher education and schools. For example, recent graduates are now research fellows and academic staff at: Mannheim, Germany; ETH Zurich, Switzerland;
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Research Methods
- Theory and Explanation in Political Science
- The Analysis of Conflict and Peace
- Democracy, Violence, and Inequality in Latin America
- International Security Studies
- Israeli Politics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We recommend that you apply as soon as you are able to.
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science View 496 other Masters in Political Science in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2.2 degree in Political Science, International Relations, International Studies, American Studies, United States Politics, Economics, Finance or Statistics.
- A 2.2 degree in any subject which includes study in two relevant modules. Relevant modules include, but are not limited to:
- Comparative Political Systems
- Constitutional Democracy
- Contemporary World Affairs
- Current Affairs
- Democratic Theory
- European Integration/Dynamics of Integration
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19740 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19740 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9200 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home/UK fee: £4,600
- International fee: £9,870
Living costs for Colchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.