Unlike theory-based graduate programs, the Frostburg State University Applied Computer Science master’s degree is highly experiential. You have the option to specialize in a database concentration or a general computer science specialization offering broad, applied knowledge of computer networking and communications, software engineering, artificial intelligence and web design. You will be working on real computer science challenges faced by businesses and government agencies.
- Choose from an online or on campus option to fit your busy lifestyle.
- Enter this graduate program without a computer science background by taking two additional introductory graduate courses to meet your deficiency.
- The degree can be earned in as little as one year for those with computer science backgrounds and within one and a half to two years for career changers.
- Frostburg undergraduates can earn a degree in one year by taking two graduate courses during the college senior year followed by two online courses in the summer and three courses each in the fall and spring semesters.
A master's degree in applied computer science prepares you to enter a diverse range of careers including everything from computer and information research science or computer network architecture to becoming a computer programmer, computer system analyst, database administrator or web developer. There are many additional occupations accessible through the knowledge base you will acquire through this master's program.
- Advanced Data Structures and Algorithms
- Software Engineering
- Web Development and Programming
- Database Systems
- Data Mining
- Security in Computing
- 18 months
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Business Information Systems Computer Sciences View 706 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in United States
- Bachelor degree from a regionally accredited institution (Official Transcript)
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (<3.0 GPA can be considered for provisional admission)
International11480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 574 USD per credit during 18 months.
National11480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 574 USD per credit during 18 months.
In-State8920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 446 USD per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for Frostburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.