- The programme covers a wide-range of approaches, from advanced research methods, through to a working and evidence-based knowledge of theory and behaviour-change interventions.
- Much like our undergraduate programme, this course will adopt a personalised teaching style built on creating relationships between students and staff. All modules will be taught using the same tutorial style of teaching, in which students will be taught weekly in groups of 7 or fewer, allowing for regular quality contact time with your lecturer. It is through this method that students can achieve excellence in their qualification in a supportive environment.
- Over the course of the programme, you will develop a strong knowledge base and skill-set appropriate for professional practice in Health Psychology. You’ll learn to analyse, debate, discuss and devise behaviour-change interventions for use in primary, secondary and community care. We encourage autonomy in design and analysis of research, allowing you to develop your skills towards becoming an independent researcher, with an increased awareness of the practical reality of working with short- and long-term health conditions.
- Health Communications and Context
- Health Promotion and Behaviour Change
- Managing Chronic Illness
- Professional Skills: Health Psychology in Practice
- Physiology, Epidemiology and Neuroimmunology
- Advanced Qualitative Methods
- Advanced Quantitative Methods
- Research Project in Health Psychology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Educational Psychology View 735 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
2:1 or higher in an undergraduate degree in Psychology conferring Graduate Basis for Chartership (GBC) from the British Psychological Society.Mature students:
Age is no barrier to learning and we welcome all applications from suitably qualified students.
International15152 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15152 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8020 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8020 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
The University would like to encourage students – both undergraduates and postgraduates – to come to Buckingham regardless of their financial circumstances. The bursaries and scholarships we offer are awarded on merit and/or on financial need. You may only accept one University award.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.