Why study with us?
- Relevant in the real world: connect with business through industry-based projects, guest lectures, mentorship and case studies.
- Ready for your future, ready for the world: our professional practice and leadership courses will help you develop skills in project management, complex problem solving, innovation and communications.
- Recognised by industry: take your career anywhere in the world with international recognition through Engineers Australia and the Washington Accord.
- Global recognition: The Academic Ranking of World Universities ranks UON at No.8 in the World and No.1 in Australia for Automation and Control.
Engineers work on a huge range of tasks in many different environments – industries like electronics, energy, food, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, construction, environmental health and transportation. Engineering continues to be one of the most in-demand qualifications in the world, with many countries desperate to fill a shortage of professional skills in this field.
A Professional Engineering (Mechanical) program from University of Newcastle will open up even more varied career opportunities, empowering you to take on a leadership role, start your own business or manage major engineering projects.
- Salaries: As an engineer you’ll be valued and well rewarded. Starting salaries average around $80,000p.a. In 2015, 85% of our engineers had jobs when they graduated - making the University of Newcastle one of the top 2 universities in NSW for graduate employment rates.
- Flexibility: Some engineers work 9-5 in an office, others fly-in-fly out from a project site. You might prefer hands-on fieldwork, design and development, or managing people and projects.
- Global opportunities: As a qualified engineer you can travel the world and work almost anywhere you choose. Professional recognition through Engineers Australia lets you work in places such as Canada, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Russia, Turkey, the UK and the USA.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Fluid Mechanics
- Calculus of Science and Engineering
- Dynamics of Machines
- Mechanics of Solids
- Engineering Computations
- Managing Engineering Projects
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
International: It is recommended you submit your application a minimum of 12 weeks before your intended semester or trimester start date.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 25 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
CRICOS code: 098285E
- Graduates from the University of Newcastle or another institution with a non-engineering Bachelor Degree with at least 20 units of study in Mathematics (especially calculus and linear algebra); and Science, as related to Mechanical Engineering AND a UON GPA of 4.5 or above. You may also be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) which will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International41865 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41865 AUD per year during 36 months.
National31815 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31815 AUD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Newcastle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.