Why study with us?
- Relevant in the real world: connect with business through industry-based projects, guest lectures, mentorship and case studies.
- Ready for your future, ready for the world: our professional practice and leadership courses will help you develop skills in project management, complex problem solving, innovation and communications.
- Recognised by industry: take your career anywhere in the world with international recognition through Engineers Australia and the Washington Accord.
- Internationally experienced engineering graduates: the University of Newcastle is one of only three Australian member institutions of the Global Engineering Education Exchange Program (Global e3).
- Global recognition: The Academic Ranking of World Universities ranks the University of Newcastle at No.13 in the World and No.1 in Australia for Automation and Control.
Engineers work on a huge range of tasks in many different environments – industries like electronics, energy, food, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, construction, environmental health and transportation. Engineering continues to be one of the most in-demand qualifications in the world, with many countries desperate to fill a shortage of professional skills in this field.
A Professional Engineering (Electrical and Electronic) program from University of Newcastle will open up even more varied career opportunities, empowering you to take on a leadership role, start your own business or manage major engineering projects.
- Salaries: As an engineer you’ll be valued and well rewarded. Starting salaries average around $80,000p.a. In 2015, 85% of our engineers had jobs when they graduated - making the University of Newcastle one of the top 2 universities in NSW for graduate employment rates.
- Flexibility: Some engineers work 9-5 in an office, others fly-in-fly out from a project site. You might prefer hands-on fieldwork, design and development, or managing people and projects.
- Global opportunities: As a qualified engineer you can travel the world and work almost anywhere you choose. Professional recognition through Engineers Australia lets you work in places such as Canada, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Russia, Turkey, the UK and the USA.
- Electrical Engineering
- Digital and Computer Electronics
- Electric Energy Systems
- Electrical and Electronic Circuits
- Circuits and Signals
- Embedded Computing
- Engineering Statistics
- Analog Electronics
- 36 months
- 96 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
International: It is recommended you submit your application a minimum of 12 weeks before your intended semester or trimester start date.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 44 other Masters in Electronics & Embedded Technology in Australia
CRICOS code: 098284F
Direct admission into the 3 year MPE (Electrical and Electronic) Pathway A:
- Graduates from the University of Newcastle or another institution with a non-engineering Bachelor Degree with at least 20 units of study in Mathematics (especially calculus and linear algebra); and Science, as related to Electrical and Electronic Engineering AND a UON GPA of 4.5 or above. You may also be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) which will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Direct admission into the 2 year MPE (Electrical and Electronic) Pathway B with 80 units of Recognition (RPL):
- Graduates from the University of Newcastle or another institution with a Bachelor Degree (AQF 7) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering AND a UON GPA of 4.5 or above.
International41905 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41905 AUD per year during 36 months.
National32100 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32100 AUD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Newcastle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.