If there’s a human bioarchaeological research topic which you’d to follow to PhD, but you need to acquire new research skills or hone existing ones, the Human Bioarchaeology program at The University of Winchester is for you. It’s also suitable if you are already working in the archaeology, heritage or environment sector and would like to enhance your research experience.
Examine approaches and methodologies, theoretical underpinnings and practical applications in archaeological research, with some modules focusing on the practical and theoretical aspects specific to Human Bioarchaeology. Through lectures, laboratory practicals, seminars and workshops you have opportunities to explore and discuss your experiences.
MRes Human Bioarchaeology acts as a basis for an advanced career within archaeology, or related discipline, or as preparation for undertaking an MPhil or PhD.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research Methods and Skills
- Analysing and Presenting
- Archaeological Data
- Human Skeletal Anatomy and Fundamentals of Skeletal Analysis
- Personal Research Methodology
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchaeology Anthropology Biology View 121 other Masters in Anthropology in United Kingdom
- Normally a first or second-class Honours degree in Archaeology or a related discipline. It is also expected that the applicant will have already taken an undergraduate level module in Human Bioarchaeology/Human Osteology or equivalent, have participated in a bioarchaeological/osteological field school, or have relevant professional experience.
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13500 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6700 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
- EU/EEA part-time: £3,350
- International part-time: £6,750
We have a variety of scholarship and bursaries available to support you financially with the cost of your course.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.