The Digital Media Practice (Motion Graphics) programme at The University of Winchester builds your theoretical understanding within the context of honing practical skills in a range of specialist careers. Develop new ideas and theories through your engagement with several live client projects, which may culminate in the real-time release of output through different media platforms.
Your practical work is supported and enhanced through masterclasses, seminars, discussions, workshops, tutorials and self-directed study, and work in professional contexts. Partnerships with professional practitioners and bodies give you the starting point to develop your own network of professional contacts. There is a dedicated, fully equipped digital design studio, with practitioner-based lecturers on hand to support you.
Graduates pursue careers in the digital media industry as lead designers, design researchers, account directors, content writers and creative producers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Digital Media Principles
- Design Practice
- Emerging Media - Student Directed Project
- Research Proposal
- Digital Media Practice Independent Study - Project or Dissertation
- Motion Graphics
- Transmedia Storytelling
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Graphic Design Media Studies & Mass Media View 333 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United Kingdom
- This course is open to those interested in pursuing a career within the digital media industry. Normally a first or second-class Honours degree or professional experience in the area of study is required. Applicants are asked to submit a portfolio of relevant work along with a short written statement outlining the relevance of the programme to their previous experience.
- If English is not your first language: IELTS 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in writing or equivalent
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA8200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8200 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- EU/EEA part-time: £4,100
- International part-time: £6,750
Living costs for Winchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
We have a variety of scholarship and bursaries available to support you financially with the cost of your course.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.