With the Msc Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is at the Queen Margaret University it will provide sufficient theoretical and skills training and can develop your career as a therapist and the service you provide.
CBT is the model of psychotherapy most tested by research trials for a range of mental and even physical disorders, ranging from depression, anxiety and phobias to eating disorders, schizophrenia and chronic pain. Healthcare professionals are increasingly required to demonstrate a flexible, multidisciplinary approach to make the best use of skills and resources.
The NHS actively promotes provision of evidence-based management. CBT is the evidence-based psychotherapy par excellence. It can be effective as a stand-alone treatment and can also be used in conjunction with other medical or psychological treatments. The model is versatile and creative and its techniques can be used selectively in general medical, psychological and nursing practice, as well as informing whole courses of integrated treatment.
- Learn the theory and practice of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) – the best evidenced psychotherapy in mental health.
- Core CBT competencies are developed through multiple methods, including lectures, workshops, role play, academic evaluation and close clinical supervision.
As trainee therapists, students benefit from the vast experience of expert CBT practitioners from throughout the UK delivering on our specialist postgraduate teaching course.
CareersThere is a growing demand for therapists specifically trained in this field. This course will enable you to develop your career and the service you provide.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- CBT for Anxiety and Depression
- Principles of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Research Skills in CBT
- Advanced CBT for Anxiety Disorders
- Introduction to Complex Adaptation of CBT
- Application of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesOrganisational Behaviour View 87 other Masters in Organisational Behaviour in United Kingdom
- Honours degree or equivalent, plus mental health qualification. Applicants will be expected to be familiar with individual casework, history-taking and case load management and must normally be UK registered health professionals.
- Non-standard entrants will be considered if you can demonstrate that you have the necessary work based experience, skills and aptitude. Non-standard applications and Recognition of Prior Learning must be referred to QMU.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.