The Sports Coaching programme of University of Worcester enables you to develop your coaching whether you are more interested in high performance, mental wellbeing or participation.
- Full and part-time study options
- Flexible modular structure allows you to study at your own pace
- Choose from multiple pathways: Postgraduate Certificate, Diploma or Master's Degree
- Choice of assessment topic, so you can tailor your assignments to your personal and professional interests
- Professional Placement to apply contemporary research and theory to sports coaching environments
Where could it take you?
An MSc in Sports Coaching will provide students with opportunities in many areas of sport and/or coaching, and other areas of employment as well.
This degree is useful for a wide range of occupations, such as:
- Professional sports coach
- Fitness instructor
- Physical education teacher
- Sports coach
- Strength and conditioning coach
- Coach development officer
- Sport development officer
- Sports coaching lecturer
- Recreation officer
- Self-employed coaching consultant
- Performance analyst
- Athlete and coach learning
- Leading People in sport
- Contemporary issues in sports coaching
- Professional placement
- Sports Research Project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences View 314 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
- Students will normally have a 2:1 classification in a sport related degree.
- Students who hold a sport-related degree classification of either 2:2 (or below), or, a non-sport related degree will be considered on a case by case basis and may be required to submit a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate coaching experience.
- The IELTS score for international applicants is 6.5 (with no less than 5.5 in each component). Other English Language qualifications will be considered.
All applicants will be interviewed.
Due to the nature of the programme, all students must complete a criminal records disclosure check prior to the start of the course.
International14100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14100 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA7290 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7290 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Worcester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.