The Program aims to produce graduates who understand the human condition and the commonalities that all people everywhere share, while respecting and honoring differences in personal and communal history, social class, race, color, ethnicity, culture, language, immigration status, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, political ideology, religion, and disability status.
The program is built upon a strong foundation of generalist social work practice values, knowledge, and skills. Students are expected to understand and be able to apply an ecosystems perspective, the strengths perspective, and empowerment practice theory. They develop a thorough acquaintance with the negative effects of oppression, discrimination, marginalization, and other social forces that block people's ability to meet their basic human needs. They develop familiarity with multiple theories, perspectives, and approaches that will strengthen their ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Human Behavior and the Social Environment
- Social Organizations and Environments
- Social Welfare Policy
- Foundation Social Work Practice I
- Field I
- Human Behavior and the Social Environment II
- Social Work Research
- Race, Ethnicity, and Diversity: Implications for Social Work Practice
- Foundation Social Work Practice II
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesSocial Work View 353 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0;
- Adequate foundation in the liberal arts (at least 24 credits, as demonstrated in your official transcript);
- Facility in a second language (other than English) will be considered a strength in the applicant's file.
International961 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 961 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National961 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 961 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State624 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 624 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.