The work of criminal justice practitioners is complex and requires knowledge of how and why people engage in crime as well as an understanding of the issues faced by practitioners in the criminal justice system. Students may concentrate their studies in Forensic Psychology, Homeland Security, Justice Studies, or Administration & Leadership.
Federal, state and local government agencies, as well as private firms, are involved in protecting the United States, its people, and resources from human-made or natural disaster. The curriculum for the Homeland Security Track involves an all-hazards perspective, meaning that the program involves discussion about issues regarding the prevention of and reaction to natural and human-made disasters, including terrorist attacks. The legal, moral and ethical issues pertaining to homeland security will be an important component of the curriculum, as will studies of agency participation and cooperation in planning for and responding to crisis.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Advanced Issues in Criminal Justice
- Criminological Theory
- Quantitative Reasoning in Criminal Justice
- Graduate Research and Evaluation in Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice Policy and Planning
- Criminal Justice Administration
- Fundamentals and Theory of Emergency Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCriminology Terrorism & Security View 164 other Masters in Criminology in United States
- Completion of the following undergraduate courses: Introduction to Criminal Justice, Research Methods, and Statistics
- Minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Those applying for the certificate of graduate study or a post-master's certificate do not have to submit test scores
International961 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 961 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National961 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 961 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State624 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 624 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.