You should have undergraduate preparation in mathematics through calculus, biology and mammalian anatomy, chemistry, biochemistry, and general physics. Required graduate courses include molecular pharmacology, journal club, graduate seminar, and research ethics. Other courses may be taken to complement your individual research interests.
Master's of Science (MS) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree requirements include the preparation and defense of a research thesis. During the first year, coursework and laboratory rotations enable you to become familiar with the research activities and expertise of the pharmacology and toxicology faculty. You will select a research topic and develop a thesis proposal with guidance from a faculty adviser. You will need to complete an independent laboratory research project under the supervision of a research advisory committee.
Research at USciences
- The faculty and students of USciences engage in pioneering research spanning basic sciences such as biology, chemistry, nanotechnology, pharmaceutical sciences and physics to socio-behavioral, applied and clinical research.
- Our research efforts are an extension of the unique academic focus of USciences, to deliver life-saving insights into the causes and cures of chronic illnesses, and continuously improve our health care system.
More informationVisit official programme website
- MS in Pharmacology and Toxicology program combines didactic course study with independent laboratory research to provide students with a solid knowledge foundation and hands-on research skills for a professional career.
- All graduate courses highlight student active learning and emphasize the integration of biochemistry, cell and molecular biology, physiology, pharmacology, toxicology and statistics.
- Students propose, develop, and perform an independent research project under the guidance of a faculty Research Advisor and other Research Advisory Committee members.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPharmacy Toxicology View 40 other Masters in Toxicology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application - Apply online.
- Official college transcripts from all colleges attended with all degrees documented. Transcripts from non-US institutions must be course-by-course evaluated by World Education Services (WES)
- Statement of Professional Goals
- All applicants must submit a 1000-word essay explaining specific short and long-term career goals that the program will help address. If the applicant is applying to be a MS (Thesis) or Ph.D. student, the applicant must identify at least two of the program’s faculty whose research interests align most closely with their own interests and describe why s/he perceives this to be so. The essay may be submitted as part of application, or as an email enclosure, or sent separately via postal mail
- Resume or CV
- Three written letters of recommendation
International1676 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1676 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1676 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1676 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.