Select from a thesis-option—with rigorous courses based in applied experimental psychology— preparing you to pursue your doctoral degree. Or a non-thesis track, where you will thrive in health-related research and be prepared for clinical research coordination, health communications, medical school, public health programs, or additional graduate study with a clinical focus. The program is typically completed in a year and a half.
The master's of science in Health Psychology at University of the Sciences in Philadelphia is designed to prepare students for further graduate study, typically at the doctoral level. Students who graduate from our program continue on to doctoral programs in clinical or experimental psychology, medical school, public health programs, or move to research settings and work as a research coordinator or behavioral health specialist.
Health Psychology Career Outlook
The leading causes of morbidity and mortality in the United States--heart disease, cancer, stroke, diabetes--are all chronic diseases related at least in part to behavior. Given that, individuals who have specialized knowledge in the intersection of behavior and health will be well-positioned to contribute in meaningful ways to improving health outcomes.
- Graduate Statistics and Experimental Design
- Master's Research
- Fundamentals of Clinical Research
- Health Psychology
- Behavioral Medicine
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences View 1933 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Submit official college transcripts from all colleges attended. If you attended USciences we will obtain this transcript for you.
- Submit an 1000-word personal statement explaining your short and long term study and career goals. Also, please identify at least two of the program’s faculty whose research interests align most closely with yours. personal statement may be submitted as part of application via the application portal.
- Submit resume or CV
- Submit three letters of recommendation Prerequisites
- Hold a BA or BS from an accredited university with an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher, and a 3.2 or higher in your undergraduate major
International2000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1000 USD per semester during 24 months.
National2000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1000 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.