The Master of Science in Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity degree program at The City University of New York offers a balance of practice and theory through study in computer science, law and criminal justice. The program produces professionals qualified as digital forensic scientists who can apply and sustain their expertise as new technological and societal challenges emerge; who understand the scientific, legal and criminal justice context of high technology crime; and who can effectively communicate their knowledge to others.
What Our Graduates Do
Equipped with their multi-faceted education in forensics, computer science, law and criminal justice, our versatile graduates pursue a variety of career paths in digital forensics, cybersecurity and information assurance, such as:
- Cyber investigators
- Special agents with federal agencies
- Digital forensic analysts
- eDiscovery specialists
- Lab managers
- Information security (INFOSEC) specialists
- Cyber incident analyst responders
- Cybersecurity analysts
- Computer security
- Network security analysts
- Information assurance consultants
- Forensic computing product researchers and developers
- Doctoral students in related fields
- The Law and High Technology Crime
- Network Security
- Architecture and Vulnerabilities of Operating Systems
- Digital Forensic Applications
- Forensic Management of Digital Evidence
- Theoretical Foundations of Computing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesForensic Science Computer Sciences Cyber Security View 1043 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution (or international equivalent) with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- GRE verbal and math scores above the median
- GRE analytical writing score of 4.0 or higher
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
International28215 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National28215 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Full-time - $5,545/semester
- Part-time - $470/credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.