Our programs offer the in-depth knowledge that private-sector companies and public sector laboratories seek. With four Masters level options, a certificate, and the PhD, our programs are designed to fit your needs and goals.
At the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia we offer a master degree in biological Sciences. MS degrees can be completed in about two years—the PhD in less than five. The cost for the MS and PhD programs is $1,676 per credit, while the cost for the Certificate is $1,000 per credit.
Our graduates enter a variety of career fields including genetics, clinical settings, the pharmaceutical industry and beyond. Our MS-level graduates fill mid- and upper-level technical positions in the private and governmental sectors. PhD graduates are highly-qualified and skilled researchers, supervisors, team or division leaders, or serve a variety of other managerial or supervisory roles.
- The current market for MS-level scientists is excellent. In the MS program in cell biology and biotechnology, we will prepare you with the educational and technical skills to fill mid- and upper-level technical positions in the private and governmental sectors, as well as instructor positions in the academic sector.
- PhD graduates will have a strong set of career skills & allow entry into industry, academic and governmental and related positions.
- As a graduate of the program you will also have the background and training necessary to pursue advanced training in cell biology, biochemistry, genetics, molecular biology, or medicine.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Biotechnology Laboratory
- Cell Biology Methods Laboratory
- Research Ethics
- Scientific Discourse
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- 12 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Health Sciences View 869 other Masters in Biology in United States
- Application - Apply online.
- Official college transcripts from all colleges attended with all degrees documented. Transcripts from non-US institutions must be course-by-course evaluated by World Education Services (WES)
- Statement of Professional Goals
- All applicants must submit a 1000-word essay explaining specific short and long-term career goals that the program will help address. If the applicant is applying to be a MS (Thesis) or Ph.D. student, the applicant must identify at least two of the program’s faculty whose research interests align most closely with their own interests and describe why s/he perceives this to be so. The essay may be submitted as part of application, or as an email enclosure, or sent separately via postal mail
- Resume or CV
- Three written letters of recommendation
International1676 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1676 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1676 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1676 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.