For those already working in finance, the MSc in Strategic Finance offered by the International Business School will enhance their effectiveness by covering the latest developments in the field, encouraging them to question traditional techniques and take an analytical approach to problem-solving.
Students upon graduation should be equipped with
- global economic and managerial issues as they relate to strategic decision making;
- core and advanced theories, concepts and practices that are relevant to the field of financial management;
- the role and limitations of accounting and their influence on financial decision making;
- the forces shaping the financial services industry, especially the complex link between risk management, shareholder expectations and corporate social responsibility;
- appropriate techniques to deal with complex issues critical to the success of multinational firms.
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- To create an opportunity for students to occupy mid-level financial management positions in companies and develop international managerial skills.
- To study, review and put into practice both the “tried and tested” techniques and the latest concepts in the field of financial management.
- To deepen the students’ ability to apply, develop and critically appraise current techniques, theories and practices encountered in the financial environment of local and international firms.
- To develop critical awareness of the global business environment and the relevant financial tools required to make a business or organisation successful in an increasingly competitive world.
- To develop international managers, skilled in interpersonal and cross-cultural communications, and equipped with up-to-date knowledge on financial management.
- To create a global and strategic mindset and to develop sensitivity to learning from other cultures.
- To build an appreciation in students of the need to continuously develop skills and knowledge throughout their careers.
This programme integrates theory with practice to produce graduates who have broad knowledge of finance and can apply it in real-life situations. In addition, the course may lead to job opportunities as line manager at finance units within the private, public and not-for-profit sectors.
Recent graduates are employed as line managers by the biggest firms of the financial sector such as Morgan-Stanley, Axa Group, BNP Paribas or Deutsche Bank.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Accounting for Decision-making
- Financial Decision-Making
- Financial Reports and Statements
- Quantitative Methods for Social Sciences
- Business Strategy
- Advanced Financial Management
- Global Financial Markets
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Management, Organisation & Leadership Strategic Management View 9 other Masters in Finance in Hungary
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- relevant first or second class Bachelor's degree
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4700 EUR per semester during 12 months.
EU/EEA9400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4700 EUR per semester during 12 months.
- One-off registration fee for non-EU citizens: €900
Living costs for Budapest
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.