In the Socio-Cultural Studies of Sport and Exercise programme of University of Worcester you'll benefit from a professional and challenging relationship with your supervisor - who will be an academic working at the forefront of their discipline. As well as access to the full range of University facilities.
The Programme aims to prepare students:
- for doctoral level study
- to engage in a career in socio-cultural research in a HE or industrial context
- to meet the global need for highly trained individuals who can make informed decisions on future research directions
- to think independently and develop a critical approach to the analysis of data and interpretation of published research.
Where could it take you?
Generally, MRes graduates will pursue a career either in academia or in industry. The knowledge, training and skills students receive will provide a springboard for vocational careers in the sport and exercise industry and education as well as by going on to PhD study in academia. Emphasis on high level academic attainment and the development of transferable skills will generate job opportunities in aspects of social sciences and other areas of employment.
As well as being a qualification in its own right, an MRes qualification in Socio-Cultural Studies of Sport and Exercise is an important pathway into doctoral study in the Social Sciences. Students with this qualification will be better placed to progress to successful doctoral study at the University of Worcester or elsewhere.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Developing and Managing your Research
- Research Methods
- Research Thesis Preparation
- MRes Thesis
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Sports Sciences View 503 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
- Applicants are expected to have a First or Second Class Honours Degree or equivalent award in an appropriate discipline or have appropriate research or professional experience which has resulted in appropriate evidence of achievement. For example experience in a research environment such as private research and development or public research laboratories.
- International applicants will also be required to demonstrate that they have the appropriate level of written and spoken English (normally IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum score of 6 in written English).
International13700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13700 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7080 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7080 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK / EU, EEA: 590 GBP per 15 credits
- INTERNATIONAL: 1,142 GBP per 15 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.