A bachelor of science in science or engineering is required for admission to this program. The program of study from Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology includes five core courses in Optical Engineering, four elective courses, a thesis project, and an oral thesis defense.
- The thesis project will, as far as possible, address a "real-world" problem that would be of mutual interest to an industrial sponsor, the student, and the student's advisory committee chairperson.
- Normally, it takes a student five quarters to complete the requirements for the M.S. (Optical Engineering) degree.
- Principles of Optics
- Special Topics in Optics
- Optical Systems Design
- Fourier Optics & Applications
- Electro Optics and Applications
- Optical Metrology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics General Engineering & Technology View 611 other Masters in Physics in United States
- Completed Online Application
- Official College Transcript(s)
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Official GRE Score Report
- Official TOEFL or IELTS Score Report
International50961 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50961 USD per year during 12 months.
National50961 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50961 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Terre Haute
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.